Every year we hold an Open Evening in the Autumn Term which parents and children from our locality and beyond are invited to attend.
We are not selective and recruit from the full ability range of children in accordance with the National Fair Admissions Policy.
Places are allocated in line with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's co-ordinated admission scheme and we prioritise as follows:
- Children who are looked after by a local authority and children who were previously looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order
- Children who live in the school's designated catchment area
- Children who have a sibling attending the school in Reception or Years 1 to 10
- Children who have attended Penshurst Primary School and Hessle All Saints CE VC Junior School since the beginning of the National Curriculum Year 3
- Children who live closest to the school
- Places will next be given to children of members of staff at The Hessle Academy
Applications received relating to children with statements of special educational needs will be dealt with in accordance with the National Code of Practice on Special Educational Needs. Where a school is named in a child’s statement of educational special needs, the school has a duty to admit the child.
If you want to apply for a place for entry into Year 7 at Hessle High School, you will need to nominate us as your preferred school on the common application form and send it completed to your home local authority, or complete the online application.
Our normal school admissions arrangements apply when a child is transferring from primary school to secondary education at the end of Year 6. Please visit your local authority website for more specific information on how to apply.
View full information on admission arrangements here
Admissions Policy 2022-23
- The date of determination 9 December 2020
- The Admission arrangements for The Hessle Academy includes a reduction in the Pupil Admission Numbers (PAN) for Penshurst Primary School. These changes were fully and publicly consulted upon during December 2020 and January 2021.
Admission Arrangements for the 2022-23 school year
The trust board of the Consortium Academy Trust determined the admission arrangements for the 2022-2023 school year on 9 December 2020. At this meeting the trust board formally approved the following documents and approved the following admission numbers for the following schools:
- Penshurst Primary School, 60 places
- Hessle High School & Sixth Form College , 180 places
- The Hessle Academy Admissions Arrangements policy can be found here
How can I object to these arrangements? - if you wish to object to these determined admission arrangements, you should do so to the Schools Adjudicator by 15 May 2021. Information about how to lodge an objection is available here at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/schools-adjudicator-make-an-objection-appeal-or-referral or you can contact the Office of the Schools Adjudicator by email at email@example.com
For children starting Year 7 in September 2021
Deadline for applications to your local authority: Friday 30 October 2020
Local Authority notification of school place: Monday 1 March 2021
- To view an example Moving Up Guide please click here
- To view an example Parent Guide please click here
- To view our recent Ofsted report, please click here
- For information on current bus routes, please click here (for students from South of the River Humber, please contact us for transport information 01482 648604)
- To view an example menu, please click here and the price list here
- To view our uniform items please click here the Uniform Policy can be found here under Hessle High School
For further information on school admissions please click on the links below.
View full information on Hessle High School's admissions arrangements 2019-20
View more information on East Riding of Yorkshire Council's co-ordinated admissions scheme.
View more information on Hull City Council's co-ordinated admissions scheme.